There are several benefits that make it superior to other types of dental restorations.
- Mainly as the upper part of the crown is made of porcelain, it gives a more natural look to the patient’s smile. It is , therefore, the preferred option for the front teeth.
- As the base is of metal, it offers continued protection to the tooth in case of any damage or fracture of the porcelain surface.
- The metal part of the crown is a gold alloy which is likely to be less reactive in people with metal allergies.
- In addition to this, these crowns would be less expensive than a crown made solely from a gold alloy.
- Another benefit is that glass ionomer cement can be used with these crowns for fixing the crowns.