Cheap dental clinics aren’t too hard to come across in the city nowadays because people are in a constant search for cheap dental services. However, is finding and paying for one actually worth the money? Some may say yes, but cheap dental clinics mean that the services they offer aren’t’ as star-studded as the pricier ones. So, this article will try and explore what a cheap dental clinic can offer its patients and whether or not it’s actually worth it by focusing on the possible services that they have to offer. Also, the article will compare the cheap services to their more expensive alternatives.
Cheap Dental Clinics: Their Services
First of all, the reason why we’re focusing on the services because that’s the biggest factor that defines a cheap dental clinic. Cheap dental clinics are only called as such because the services they offer are priced slightly below the average price range for most services. So, try to remember that this article will focus on that aspect because that’s what a lot of people will try and go for.
Tooth repairs should be one of the most common sought-after dental services today. This means that a regular dentist offers an extensive list of different services geared towards fixing a tooth. Visiting cheap dental clinics will introduce you to the cheapest albeit effective tooth repair service that is a composite restoration.
Here are a few facts about a composite restoration service you should be aware of:
- It’s molded to fit the shape of the tooth.
- The procedure lasts less than an hour and in only one visit.
- The bond can last for at least 5 – 7 years if cared for appropriately.
- It’s abundant. Most, if not, all dental clinics in the Philippines has this service readily available for any patient.
- It’s relatively affordable with a regular price range of around Php 1,200.
For its price and longevity, a composite restoration is actually quite effective and worth the money regardless the dental clinic you’re getting it from. However, there are certain services today that are better in all aspects.
Dental crowns are a great example of what upping the price of tooth repairs can do for the patient. This is because a single crown can last for at least 10 years if cared for properly. Also, dental crowns are better in terms of aesthetic when compared to a composite bond. However, not every dental clinic in the country offers it nor does it come cheap.
Now, it’s worth knowing that the cheapest tooth replacement service today is still quite pricey. Of course, when one considers the alternatives, then it’s quite evident how low this service is actually priced at. I am, of course, talking about dentures.
Here are a few facts about dentures that you need to know:
- Most dental clinics in the country offer the product.
- They last a good amount of years if cared for properly.
- They require special maintenance.
- The product requires a bit of getting used to especially for those that are new to it.
- It comes in different variants.
Dentures could either come in full or partial. The latter is preferred by those who have lost a considerable amount of teeth.
As for an alternative that is miles better, you could go for a dental bridge or a dental implant. The latter is known to be one of the best methods or replacing a tooth. It lasts a lifetime, is versatile and very durable. However, the service is very expensive. The standard price range for a dental implant is worth Php 50,000.
The other alternative is a dental bridge. It’s priced a bit higher than dentures but not as high as a dental implant. Though it may not stop bone loss, it does offer comfort and convenience when compared to dentures.
Though there is no cheap dental whitening service that’s available today, one can try various home remedies that are said to work in a matter of weeks. Here are a few those of homebrew remedies:
- Apple cider – mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider into a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash. Swish it around for 60 seconds before spitting out.
- Oil Pulling – with the use of liquefied coconut oil, swish the oil around your teeth for at least one minute. Repeat the process every morning before you brush your teeth.
- Strawberries – slice a strawberry in half then gently rub the exposed part of the fruit against your teeth.
As for its dental alternative, paying for a professional to whiten your teeth is much more expensive but results are seen in just under two appointments. This should be the biggest advantage that a dental whitening has over the home remedies listed above.
Why It’s Worth Paying For More
There are a number of reasons why paying for a more expensive service is better. Here are a few reasons why:
- Longevity – you can notice from Dental Crowns and Dental Implants that expensive dental products last longer than most cheaper services. Longer lifespans mean less time going back to the dentist to pay for the same service all over again.
- Effectiveness – take dental implants as an example. The product not only prevents the misalignment of teeth but it too fixes bone loss. Compare that to dentures that can only solve the former of the problems.
- Added Features – dental crowns are an example of how an expensive service can add a few benefits. Aside from replacing a damaged tooth, it also improves the color and the shape of the tooth.
The biggest take away from this article is the fact that most people today prefer to pay less when they can get a whole lot more for the opposite. Dental services aren’t the same as your regular service or products. It’s your health that it revolves around, so be sure to invest the right amount of money in its welfare. Skipping out on some of the more effective services can actually cost you a lot of money in the long run.