Cheaper dental services are quite abundant especially when you frequent different dental clinics. In addition, the demand for said services has seen quite a rise especially since most dental procedures today are quite pricey. So, it’s no wonder that most people do prefer to pay for cheaper dental procedures.
However, are they worth it? Are more affordable dental services worth the money that you save from them? If so, then what are the more affordable dental services that we can all try? This article will go over the best cheaper dental services that everyone should at least be aware of.
Cheaper Dental Services
First of all, cheaper dental services are worth it. Sure, they may not have the same benefits as the more expensive ones but they can still hold on their own. What I certainly mean by this is that affordable services are still worth the money. How?
Well, let’s look at a dental crown, a pretty pricey service. The latter is pretty popular because it caps the tooth off using a dental crown. This crown can then effectively improve the general aesthetic of the tooth itself. With that said, one can clearly see that the more expensive services have bonus features.
When you’re paying for an affordable dental service, you’re getting what you paid for. If you wanted to fix a damaged tooth, then that’s what you’re getting. This is important to understand because expensive dental procedures deal with overall improvements.
Now, let’s take a look at the more affordable dental procedures.
Dental fillings or dental pasta is probably one of the more well-known services to save you money. This is a service that deals in tooth restorations. Patients usually pay for this when they’ve suffered from tooth decay. It’s definitely far from the benefits offered by a dental crown, but it’s effective.
Essentially, a dentist uses a varying material to seal a tooth that’s experienced damage. This material can be made out of amalgam, resin, or porcelain. Amalgam being the more popular choice most patients since it’s a lot durable and resilient.
Although these aren’t the only cheaper services that exist, dental fillings are still worth the affordable asking price.
Standard dentures are not the best. They come with the drawbacks of being uncomfortable for first-time users. In addition, most will find that it takes a bit of practice to actually keep them from falling off your mouth. Furthermore, dentures require special maintenance, it’s expected that you need to wash it every day. However, when compared to dental implants, dentures will look like a viable choice for missing teeth.
Of course, you can always pay a bit more for flexible dentures. These dentures are made from a special material that gives a flexible structure. This means that it has an easier time sticking to your gums and it bears no discomfort whatsoever.
If you are suffering from missing teeth and don’t have the budget to pay for implants, then dentures might be your best choice. Of course, more money is saved if you only pay for partial dentures and not a full set.
“Now why would I pay a dentist to clean my teeth for me?” You might say. Well, it is advised that a patient pays for the service twice a year. This is because a dental cleaning is more thorough than traditional means. It aims to remove the buildup of plaque and tartar found on spaces where we can’t reach them.
The service is of course paired with a standard examination. The service is pretty cheap considering that a patient is only required to get it at least twice a year.
An Affordable Service Not Worth Getting
If you’re hard at work looking for the best way to fix a damaged tooth, then, by all means, do not have it removed. A tooth extraction may be cheap and it may serve as an effective way of getting rid of the problem, but it’s not worth it. Why? Just ask any dentist today, they’ll advise against a patient using a tooth extraction as their first solution.
Here are two of the biggest problems that one will face in the future:
- Misalignment – when a tooth is removed, then the rest our teeth will start to drift out of place. Of course, this doesn’t take place overnight but it will eventually. This is why it’s advised to have a missing tooth replaced immediately so as to keep this problem from happening.
- Bone Loss – this is probably the most difficult problem to supplement as only dental implant can prevent it from happening. If you don’t know what this problem looks like, then take a gander at the elderly. Notice that most of their jawbone has receded? That’s what bone loss looks like.
Currently, there is no cheaper service that a dentist can do to whiten your teeth. Two of the services that involve whitening are pretty hefty in their asking price. However, there is a way for you whiten your teeth the natural way. Here are a few safe methods you can follow:
- Oil Pulling – take a tablespoon of coconut oil and let it melt in your mouth. Once liquefied, swish it around your teeth for at least one minute. Make sure to get every part of your teeth. Do this every morning before you brush your teeth.
- Strawberries – slice a strawberry in half and rub the exposed portion against your teeth. Do this a few more times in the span of two weeks.
- Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide – mix one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with two tablespoons of baking soda. Use the mixture as your own whitening toothpaste. Make sure to rinse thoroughly after use.
Although most of the cheaper dental services mentioned above are a great choice for patients, you should still talk to your dentist about it. Consulting your dentist on every service you wish to pay for is always advised. Not only will you be given the right information, but you’re also given insight into the service you’re paying for.