The price of a dental jacket nowadays can be considered as one of the more standard price ranges. However, there are still some patients out there that remain on the fence. They can’t decide whether or not a dental jacket is worth the asking price. Sure, it may look expensive at first but in relation to other units, a dental jacket is actually quite affordable.
That is why this article will talk about the price of a dental jacket and whether or not it’s worth paying for. The article will go over its benefits and other varieties to give you a clearer image as to what it can do.
The Price of a Dental Jacket
First of all, there is no one price tag for a dental jacket. Why? Because the price of a dental jacket does not speak for its varieties. Currently, there are a number of different dental jackets that a patient can from. These can range from porcelain, ceramic, zirconia, gold, and other metals. So when asks about the price of a dental jacket, it’s important to know the kind of dental jacket that he/she speaks of. With that said, here are the different dental jackets and their prices.
A porcelain dental jacket is probably the most standard choice for most patients today. This is because the product is easily obtainable, it’s affordable, and it’s pretty aesthetically pleasing. Chances are your nearest dental clinic will offer this kind of dental jacket before anything else.
However, a porcelain dental jacket does have a few drawbacks. Here is the main one:
- Durability: it’s not the most durable material in its category. Sure, it is capable of withstanding enough pressure. But it is prone to chipping when too much stress is applied to it.
As for its benefits, here some that you should know about:
- Stain-resistant: a porcelain dental jacket is resistant to materials and compounds that would normally stain our teeth. That means that coffee, soda, and candy may not even be enough to discolor it.
- Blends Well: porcelain dental jackets are popular because they blend well with other teeth. They’re most likely going to be placed in the front area of your teeth.
The price of a porcelain dental jacket starts at around Php 10,000.
Metal dental jackets are pretty affordable if you don’t pick the expensive ones. Regardless of the kind of metal, metal dental jackets are not as popular as porcelain dental jackets. This is because it can’t blend easily with other teeth. It pops out and once seen, anyone will notice it. Of course, this is why metal dental jackets are placed at the back of our teeth. It usually replaces molars.
Here are some of the benefits of a metal dental jacket:
- Excellent Durability: metal dental jackets take their best quality to the extremes. They are tough and thus can withstand a lot of punishment. That’s why its one of the ideal choices for replacing damaged molars. It takes the brunt of the damage and can still do it in the years to come.
As for its disadvantages, here are some of them:
- Stick out: metal crowns can be distinguished from a group of teeth. Don’t expect the dental jacket to be subtle especially if you decide to place it at the front of your teeth.
- Expensive: normal metal dental jackets are affordable. Gold ones, however, aren’t. They’re probably too expensive for the everyday patient looking for repairs.
The price of a gold dental jacket starts at around Php 50,000.
Ceramic dental jackets are what happens when you specially heat the material to reach a certain temperature. This gives the material the durability that porcelain dental jackets lack. In addition, ceramic dental jackets are better looking. They probably look more natural than porcelain.
These are some of their benefits:
- Durability: as mentioned before, ceramic dental jackets are tougher. They don’t chip nor will they break under a small amount of pressure.
- Aesthetics: ceramic’s unique look gives it a more natural feel and aesthetic than porcelain. People will have a hard time trying to distinguish it from your other teeth.
Here are its disadvantages:
- Abundance: depending on your location, your clinic may not have ceramic dental jackets, to begin with. Although, it is always worth asking to know for yourself.
- Price: the price of this dental jacket may not be as high up as gold, but it’s still pretty pricey. Don’t expect this one to come cheap because newer materials are particularly difficult to acquire.
The price of a ceramic dental jacket starts at around Php 15,000.
Which One Should You Pick?
Well, to answer that question you must first take a look at a few things. First of all, take a closer look at your budget and whether or not you have room to spend on the more expensive materials.
Second, be sure to look at the damaged tooth and assess what kind of material it needs. If it’s positioned at the back, then you might have to favor durability. On the other hand, if the damaged is somewhere in front then do favor aesthetics first. Of course, you could always visit your dentist to see what he has to say about it first.
Yes. A dental jacket is worth it. It’s worth paying the price of getting it as long as you know what you’re looking for and what suits your needs. This is important because each dental jacket has its own purpose and function to fill out. You can’t just pick a random one and hope that everything will be better. You have to be smart and careful with the material you pick for your teeth. If you can’t then just follow your dentist’s advice.
If you’ve noticed, this article mentions a couple of times to follow and visit your dentist. This is because a dental consultation is just as important as the actual service itself. Always heed your dentist’s advice as only they have the insight and knowledge to know what’s best for you.