The cost of dentures in Manila are quite cheap when compared to other services that replace missing teeth. It has always been the go-to product for most people thanks to its affordable and easy-to-get nature. However, throughout the years better alternatives have been developed. These alternatives don’t come with some of the drawbacks that dentures do.
This poses the question, is the cost of dentures in Manila still worth the money? This article will talk about that by exploring both the advantages and disadvantages of dentures. The article will also talk about the alternatives.
What Is The Cost of Dentures in Manila?
The average cost of dentures in Manila starts at around Php 15,000. A partial set of dentures is cheaper with its price starting at Php 10,000.
Of course, the price will depend on the dental clinic you’re going to. Dental clinics in Manila have their own way of pricing their services so you may have to inquire first. However, it’s quite safe to say that the given prices are close to the real ones.
The Advantages of Dentures
Here are the advantages that dentures have over its alternatives:
- Price – dentures are obviously cheap. They’re currently the cheapest brand of tooth replacement service that a dentist can give you. Some of these alternatives usually start at around Php 20,000 while the other costs Php 60,000. You can see now why dentures have been the go-to service for most people.
- Easier To Get – compared to other services, dentures are easier to find if you’re looking for one. You’re more likely to find a dental clinic that offers dentures that a clinic that offers a dental implant. With that said, most clinics in the country today have dentures as part of their services.
- Versatile – dentures could either come in full or partial making it a versatile choice for anyone who has lost a tooth.
The Disadvantages of Dentures
- Uncomfortable – dentures are uncomfortable to wear especially if it’s the first time you’re doing it. Also, it may feel loose which hinders you during speech and chewing. It’s going to take a few weeks before you get to used to all of it.
- Fragile – when dropped, dentures have the chance of breaking on impact. This is because the acrylic that it’s made out, though tough, can be brittle. That’s why it’s important that you take great care of your dentures especially since it’s removable and it may fall out of your mouth if not kept secure.
- Special Maintenance – since they’re removable, you will have to clean it every time you finish a meal. This prevents any buildup of bacteria that could harm your teeth. It’s also required that a patient remove their dentures when they go to sleep.
- Aesthetic – certain types of dentures won’t look as good when put beside other teeth. They may even stick out like a sore thumb. This aesthetic problem becomes more prevalent especially if it’s a full set of dentures.
You should only go for dentures if you don’t have the budget to pay for the better alternatives. With that said, if you are willing to put up with the many disadvantages of dentures then go for it.
However, it is worth knowing that there are better alternatives for dentures. They may be more expensive but the benefits they offer are worth far more than what they’re asking.
- Dental Bridge – a dental bridge is a false tooth anchored by two abutment caps on both sides. These caps are placed on the two adjacent teeth of the missing tooth thus forming a bridge. Unlike dentures, a dental bridge is secure. It doesn’t come off, it’s comfortable and it’s very aesthetically pleasing. In addition, they only ask to be treated as a normal set of teeth.
- Dental Implants – these are small cylindrical implants made out of titanium. Your dentist will surgically insert the implant into the jaw bone of the missing tooth which is then capped off with a dental crown. Currently, a dental implant is the best way to replace a missing tooth. It not only stops your teeth from drifting out of place, but it also stops bone loss from occurring. The only drawback to the service is its very expensive price tag.
Make sure to consult your dentist first before making a decision. Your dentist will help give you the insight and information needed to make the right decision. This is important because it’s a bad idea to pay for a service that you’re not entirely sure about and end up regretting after a few days.