What is a dental bridge? When comparing the service to its alternatives, a dental bridge situated right down the middle. It’s not too expensive nor does it come with its own set of problems or inconveniences. To fully appreciate a dental bridge you must first consider what it has to offer, how it fairs compared to other services, and more. This article will try and answer the question – what is a dental bridge – and more about the service as a whole.
What is a Dental Bridge?
Now, to know what is a dental bridge, you must first know the concept of dental crowns. Dental crowns are false teeth that’s made to cap off a damaged tooth after it has been filed down to size. A dental bridge is a false tooth anchored by two smaller dental crowns called abutment caps. These abutment caps are placed on the adjacent teeth of the missing tooth thus forming a dental bridge.
Related: An In-Depth Look At The Procedure of a Dental Bridge
How is a Dental Bridge Placed on your Teeth?
Here’s a quick rundown of the procedure of a dental bridge. Note that the details aren’t mentioned but only the highlights of the procedure.
- Impressions will be taken on the missing tooth.
- Depending on the clinic, a patient may have to wait a couple of weeks before the bridge is made.
- The dentist will make space for the two abutment caps on the adjacent teeth. Only the crowns of these teeth will be filed down.
- The dental bridge is placed and held on with the use of dental bonding agent.
How Much is a Dental Bridge?
The average price of a dental bridge in the Philippines is Php 22,000. Of course, this will depend on the dental clinic as clinics have different pricing regulations. The price given is merely an average estimate as there are certain clinics out there that charge much lower.
What Are The Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
Here are the main benefits of a dental bridge:
- Effective Replacement – a dental bridge is an effective service when it comes to replacing missing teeth. They stop your teeth from drifting out of place – a problem that occurs after a tooth is removed from its place.
- Comfortable – unlike some dental products that replace missing teeth, a dental bridge doesn’t carry a few discomforts that will bother the patient. It only offers a comfortable replacement for that missing tooth.
- Aesthetics – a dental bridge can be made out of porcelain or ceramic both of which offer great aesthetic. Getting a dental bridge grants the advantage of a better look for the missing tooth and the teeth around it.
- Convenience – dental bridges don’t require the patient to remove it every now and again. It doesn’t have to be specially maintained. The only thing a patient has to do is practice good oral health.
What Is a Dental Bridge Made out of Emax?
Emax is a specially heated ceramic that gives it a higher degree of durability and a more natural aesthetic. Getting a dental bridge made from emax will raise its price, however, but it is worth considering the added benefits of the material.
What Are The Alternatives of a Dental Bridge?
There are two notable alternatives that a patient can choose aside a from a dental bridge:
- Dentures – one of the most common choices for replacing missing teeth, dentures have always been the tried and tested service for the problem. However, it has shown its age as the product comes with a few disadvantages and inconveniences. Whether or not the patient decides to work through this will depend on them as dentures are pretty affordable. The average price of dentures in the Philippines is Php 15,000.
- Dental Implants – a dental implant is a small root implant that’s placed on the jaw bone of the missing tooth. The implant is then capped off with a dental crown. Dental implants today are considered by many as the best answer to missing teeth. This is because it offers all the possible benefits a patient can expect from a single dental product. The service is also the only product today that prevents bone loss. The average price of a dental implant in the Philippines is Php 75,000.
If any of the mentioned services above have piqued your interest, then it’s advised to consult your dentist first before paying for any of them. Only your dentist can safely say what service is for you and whether or not you should invest money into said service. Having the insight and information to make the right decision is an invaluable thing to gain.