What is teeth whitening in the Philippines? Getting your teeth whitened by a professional is the most effective way of obtaining whiter teeth. However, there are other methods to this practice. If a patient feels like he/she doesn’t have the budget to afford the service, then they turn to natural home remedies for teeth whitening. This article will talk about teeth whitening in the Philippines, its benefits, and everything else that you need to know about it.
What Is Teeth Whitening in the Philippines?
Teeth whitening in the Philippines is done by a dentist inside a dental clinic. It typically uses a combination of a special whitening gel and UV lights to shorten the waiting time of the process. This procedure usually takes place in only one appointment and in under two hours. Of course, that will depend on the method of the dentist.
Today, the fastest and most effective dental whitening method is called zoom whitening. This is the most popular method practiced by most dental clinics that offer the service to their patients.
What Are The Benefits of Dental Whitening?
- A Brighter Shade – of course, with dental whitening, comes whiter teeth. However, this method is much more advantageous for the patient because the effect is better. When compared to home remedies, a dental whitening offers whiter teeth, something that most patients are after.
- Safe – home remedies are mostly done by inexperienced individuals who only follow a set of instructions from the internet. A dental whitening is done by a professional who’s trained for years doing the procedure. Suffice to say, this procedure is much safer than doing it home by yourself.
- Quicker – even the best home remedies for whitening your teeth take a week before the effects are seen. With zoom whitening, a dentist can whiten your teeth in under two hours and in a single appointment. This method is the best fastest way for you to get whiter teeth.
Why Should You Get Your Teeth Whitened?
Our smile is everything if we value our self-image. We smile when we laugh when we’re happy, or if we see something that delights us. Imagine seeing someone smile at you only find that their teeth have been ravaged by discoloration. Now try and imagine a person with a complete set of bright teeth. The two images vary and one certainly offers a better view.
In short, whiter teeth is universally a choice than having yellowed and discolored teeth. It helps boost your smile and, in turn, your confidence.
What Are The Home Remedies for Whitening Teeth?
Remember, these methods are best done with the utmost of care and precision. Some of the methods could prove to be harmful to your gums if you’re not careful.
All the methods listed below are doable at home and the effects are seen in a couple of weeks if done consistently.
- Oil Pulling – to do this method, take a tablespoon of coconut oil. Since coconut oil doesn’t usually come in liquid form it’s best to let melt beforehand or let it melt in your mouth. Once it has melted, swish it around your teeth for at least one minute. Spit out, rinse your mouth with warm water, and brush your teeth afterward. It’s advised to do this when you wake up and before brushing your teeth.
- Apple Cider – Apple cider’s acidic content can remove the bacteria that discolors the teeth but it can prove to be harmful if not done correctly. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider with a glass of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash swish it around for no less than 30 seconds. Spit it out and rinse with water afterward. Do this once a day.
- Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide – both of these are great for whitening teeth but mixing together creates a homemade tooth whitening toothpaste said to be very effective. Mix a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with two tablespoons of baking soda. Brush your teeth with the mixture and make sure to only target your teeth. After that, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Eating Fruits – there are a number of fruits that help whiten teeth. Apples serve as mother nature’s own scrub that removes bacteria from the teeth. Strawberries are also a great method for whitening your teeth. Slice open a couple of strawberries and gently rub the exposed parts against your teeth.
Teeth whitening is better overall when comparing to home remedies. However, it’s still worth talking to your dentist about it because there are certain cases in which dental whitening won’t whiten a patient’s teeth.